Monday, June 20, 2011

Clearing up The Message Board Rumors

www.hawkeyereport.com
I love message boards, but when I am the topic of conversation I wish people would just ask me directly instead of making assumptions.   I'm pretty easy to get a hold of, huskerhawkeye@gmail.com or if Iowa fans insist the on being first, hawkeyehusker@gmail.com .

One of the message boards on HawkeyeReport.com is trying to figure me out as well as this blog and future website.

First of all, HawkeyeReport is a great site!  The Rivals network is unmatched and really set the standard in my book when it comes to college sports and social media.

Now to answer a couple of questions on the boards.  I am not pimping the Nebraska shirts that you see.  They are being sold at the CWS in Omaha and I wanted to point out that this rivalry is heating up.  As soon as I see one from the Iowa side I will be more than happy to publish it.

What is my website all about?  The goal when the full site is officially launched on July 1st is to be a porthole for fans to come from both sides to get the latest news, information, opinion and yes message board information.  Do I expect this to be the only place you visit on a daily basis?  No way!  I surf the net, I look at tons of fans sites and newspaper sites everyday.  I just want HuskerHawkeye.com to be one of your daily stops.

The site will be free and feature lots of video as well as podcast.  I have three writers on my staff already so you will get a lot of different opinions from very talented people.  You can't go wrong with two journalist, a handicapper and a former player.

As for me being a fan.  I've said this on my radio show on KXNO in Des Moines.  I grew up an Iowa fan. However I have covered Nebraska for the last 20 years.  Am a I fan?  No do I respect the program?  You bet.  Do I see what Nebraska brings to the Big 10?   Yes indeed.  Do I sound conflicted to you?  Probably but that's what makes this so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment