Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Husker Says He's A Hawk

 Drew Ott from Giltner, Nebraska has given his verbal commitment to play for Iowa.  This kid is definitely a project but one that fits the Kirk Ferentz mold.   Look at his size,  I'm willing to be he's playing on the offensive line in about 2 years.   This is enough time to add about 70 pounds.
Taylor Martinez

Nebraska fans are cheering for Brion Carnes, I think all fans cheer for the 2nd team quarterback.  Despite the uncertainty surrounding Taylor Martinez,  ESPN ranks Martinez as the 5th best quarterback in the Big 10.  James Vandenberg is right behind him at #6, not bad considering he's never been a full time starter.  Vandenberg gets high marks because he has great targets to connect with.   Good news about Marvin McNutt as we get closer to the season.

More proof that newspapers suck!  The Des Moines Register lays off 2% of its workforce on Tuesday, including columnist Sean Keeler.  Now I know why I left TV when I did, it's a brutal business.

Message boards continue to crack me up.  Hawk fans think I'm a Husker lover.  I hope this post on HuskerOnline.com tells you exactly what Nebraska fan thinks of me.  The funny thing "Gold" member Brad Wesley must forget that I was the only one that called the fall of Steve Pederson and Bill Callahan from the beginning.  That might not be brain surgery but you think they would give me a little credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment