Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Reader Feedback

When HuskerHawkeye.com is launched on July 1st it will have a message board for fans to throw smack at one another.   Even though there is a place to leave comments on this blog, most readers tend to leave them on my Facebook page.

Below is some reader reaction from a post I had the other day about Iowa replacing Texas as Nebraska's most hated rival.

Becky: I am a huge Husker fan, but as an Old Market resident, I had become quite a Hawkeye fan as well. (There are TONS of them who live here and who frequent the sports bars in the area.) I've always been polite and interested. I can say with no hesitation that the sentiment was never returned from Hawkeye fans regarding the Huskers.


Curt:  Um.....no! The hawks have achieved virtually nothing in their football history. I'd compare them to another Texas school...Baylor!


Lee I say build a fence, bring in the National Guard to the Riverfront, and ban Hawkeye yellow from the state, and yes that includes flowers and crayons of that color. Let the games begin! LOL

PS It will be great for both states and their economies. May take us a few years to work up a strong healthy dislike for our neighbors but we can do it if we try!


Jim: Don't dirty the welcome mat yet. It's not nice. And to come into one of the biggest traditions in college football, I wouldn't try and start throwing punches just yet. Remember the Huskers RAN from their conference because they were getting bullied.

James:  I am a husker, but if you look at it, the IQ of people in iowa is higher (well maybe not in council bluffs), and they have the same corn fed stock as us. Its all up for grabs. Thanks to Tom Brady vs. the NFL I can see the people now all hyping it up and making it the focus of their unaware lives, having said that, I cant wait. (Hears a retort from the crowd) " You dont know nuthin." I rest my case.
about a minute ago.

Mark:  Other than a football history (the last century) they don't add anything to the Big Ten sports resume.

Jeremy Well the history making Wrestling teams over the years put Iowa on the map as one of the best if not the best program in college! Now the Football team is making some noise.

2 comments:

  1. is this blog going away when the website launches?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is. There will be a lot more features and I think easier to get to.

    ReplyDelete