Saturday, June 18, 2011

Michigan Joining The Mascot Game?

Big 10 Family Photo
There are three schools in the Big 10 that don't have official "mascots" the roam the sidelines during games, Indiana, Illinois and Michigan.

Illinois was forced by the NCAA to get rid of Chief Illiniwek in 2007.   A Crying shame since it was the BEST mascot in the league.  Damn political correctness!

I still don't know what the hell a Hoosier is, Indiana might be a lost cause.

There is potential to make a lot of money with Mascots and now it looks like Michigan is at least thinking about cashing in.  Check out this story on the Yardbarker Network.   Here are our top Big 10 mascots:
  1. Sparty-Michigan State
  2. Bucky-Wisconsin
  3. Brutus-Ohio State
  4. Herky-Iowa
  5. Pete-Purdue
  6. Willie-Northwestern
  7. Goldy-Minnesota
  8. Nittany Lion-Penn State
  9. Lil'-Red-Nebraska (Sorry you can't a have a blow up doll for a mascot)  I know you are going to tell me Herbie is also in the mix but I think Nebraska uses Lil Red more than Herbie.  You don't know how many times I wish I had a pin on me what he walked by me on the sidelines so I could watch it deflate.

I think the Maze and Blue should go more on the human route than with the live animal.


Wolverine
                                                     
Wolverine


















                          


No comments:

Post a Comment